6 Innovative Ways to Improve your Typing Speed & Accuracy
In this Article we will talk about 6 Innovative Ways to Improve your Typing Speed & Accuracy. Practice is often emphasized to increase the speed and accuracy of your typing skills, which increases the speed gradually. On the other hand, there are some other programs and tools which help with the speed of typing and decrease the possibilities of mistakes.
Let’s discuss 6 Innovative Ways to Improve your Typing Speed & Accuracy in details
1) Use Light key Software
Often, users type each letter of each word with one finger, which does not increase their speed of typing. You will get the solution of this typing speed problem with Light key Software.
This free program that runs on the Windows do exactly this type of typing and it estimates when it starts typing the word and also gives the alternative options, in the same way as when you type on your Smartphone or tablet.
There is no requirement of typing the whole word and you can continue your typing smoothly with the help of this Software.
Steps to Install Light Key Software for improving typing Speed & Accuracy:
- Download the Light key software and double click on the install button.
- Click on ‘Download Light key’ on the pop-up window and click save.
- After download is successful then click on the Run Lightkey set up.
- Click on the ‘Accept the terms in the license agreement’ box and Install it.
- Click on’ start Light key’ button after Installation is completed.
- When Light key setup window is open then type your Name and select your Writing Style. If you want to see keys while typing then select ‘Focusing on the keyboard while typing.
- You can choose the code from the category so that Light key would understand the words typed by you and show up already before you. For this, click on ‘Prediction category dropdown menu’ and select your category and after this click on Continue.
- Now click on the ‘skipe tutorial button’ and you will see the ‘Lightkey control centre’ from which you will be able to choose the programs used on the Lightkey which is compatible for word, power-point and outlook. Also with this, you will find a word processor name ‘Lightkey Pad’ which is similar to Windows Notepad and it will be installed with Lightkey.
- Let us tell you that, Lightkey returns the data based on your typing to the developers. If you do not find this then head over to Lightkey control centre>Click on the setting content tab> Untick the box which shows ‘Improve Light key by sending it numerical based statistical data’.
2) Select the diversified form and Extensions on the Typing platform
If you are typing on platforms like Word or Outlook, you will see words related suggestions while typing. These options will be available to look at the diverse form or detail or narrations of words.
- Try to minimize the given words by pressing the shortcut key ctrl+left arrow. For example ,you can see “Wind” instead of “Windows” by just typing first three words “Win” with this shortcut key.
- And for getting long suggestions press the shortcut key ctrl+right arrow.
- If you want to see optional suggestions then press ctrl+up arrow and ctrl+down arrow. To apply these suggestions press “Tab” button and after this press ctrl+space to place this word without leaving space (you can apply full stop after this).
You definitely need some practice to learn these short-keys but when you do it regularly then you can able to do it smoothly and can easily improve your typing speed and accuracy.
3) Increasing the Speed of your Keyboard
You have an active role in increasing the speed of the keyboard, but the keyboard has its own importance. How fast your keyboard registers the keys pressed by you has a profound effect on your typing. If you set it to give a very strong reaction, then it typed that letter twice by just pressing some keys and lifting the fingers upon the keys.
On the other hand if you reduced down the speed, it will not able to set up proper co-ordination with your typing.
Hence to keep proper coordination of your keyboard with typing, follow below steps:
Go to the Start> Type keyboard> Select keyboard from the results shown.
Now click on the ‘Speed tab’ in the opening keyboard properties window> Adjust the Repeat Delay>Adjust the Repeat rate Slider.
If you type with the low speed then move the slider to the left side and, if you type very fast then move it to the right side.
4) See the Cursor more Clear to remove the obstacle in Typing
While typing, the blinking cursor on the document indicates that the next line or text will be typed. But sometimes it is difficult to see which slow down the speed of typing.
In such a situation, the cursor can be slightly thicker, which makes it easier to look with simplicity by using “Ease of Access”.
Go to Start button>Type Ease of access>Press Enter
Click on “Make the Computer easier to see”
On scroll, go to “Make things on the computer easier to see” part>Tick the box showing “Make the focus rectangle thicker” and select its thickness in the dropdown menu (Recommended: Select it to 5 for better clarity)
If you satisfied then click on apply.
If you have trouble with the blinking Cursor then head over to Keyboard Properties (Mentioned in the previous Para)> Now move the ‘cursor blink rate slider’ completely to the left side.
5) Don’t create obstacles in the Touch Pad Speed
Typically, while typing on a laptop, you unknowingly swiping the touchpad and searching the cursor in the document. Many people do not see the screen while typing, they type a lot of text in the wrong place.
To stop these human errors try a tool name TouchFreeze Installer. This installer generally asks you for donation but that is all optional and you can skip it. This Installer will run on the background of your PC and it will disable the Touchpad taping while typing.
However it can recognize between the sudden tap activity and the general use of touchpad and that’s why there is no need to disable the touchpad completely.
6) Speak and Type
Imagine! If you can type only by speaking, then you can get rid of this typing manually hassle, but now, it is possible to do this also. Yes! You have read it correctly, Now with the help of speech to text technique, you can convert your voice into text form. If the microphone is in the PC or on the outside, then it can be used to recognize the sound.
Let’s learn how it can take place:
- To activate this facility head over to Start> type speech recognition> Press Enter.
- Click on Start Speech recognition and follow the upcoming instructions. If you think that you will use Voice recognition daily then it is better to choose” Enable Document Review”. This will improve the each words said you in the Windows speech recognition.
- Along with it, enable the start listening and disable it by choosing stop listening. You can also increase its accuracy by selecting ‘train your computer to better understand you’ in the Speech recognition setting screen.
- Now open the Word document or any other program in which you want to ad texts and start speaking instead of typing.
- If you see that any of your spoken words are incorrect then you can correct it by just saying “Correct that” at the end of the last sentence you have spoken. And if you want to correct any one word then say “CORRECT” after that word you want to correct or Select the alternate words inserted with the suggestions given in the ‘Alternates panel’, as if you have to enter a number with the word. How simple it is!
These are the 6 Innovative Ways to Improve your Typing Speed & Accuracy. This will really help you to improve your typing speed especially when you are preparing article for your blog and writing story or newsletter. You must try all these methods to improve your typing speed.
Keep in touch with us for more Solutions to your Life Hacks!
Follow me on Pinterest by just click on the Pinterest widget appears in the right sibebar of the article and also share your views on the comment box below.