How to control windows 10 programs with a speech to text software?
The technology world is rapidly moving towards adopting Smart techniques and you can see it consistently in Windows 10 OS which is regularly upgrading advanced features to its programs to deliver fast and smooth functionality. In this article, we will discuss How to Control Windows 10 Programs with Speech to Text Software?
Today, you can control your PC with so many speech-to-Text or voice recognition software functioning for windows 10.
Now it becomes very easy to open any program and shut down the PC, without using mouse or keyboard and only with the help of speech to text software by just putting voice command to your window 10 PC.
If you already have devices like Amazon Eco and using voice Assistants like ‘Siri’ or ‘Google now’ then it becomes easy for you to control the PC Hardware and programs through voice commands.
Let’s now discuss How to Control Windows 10 Programs with Speech to Text Software
1) Control Windows 10 with Cortana
If you are a windows 10 user then you already have tools to control your PC. ‘Cortana’ came into existence initially through Windows mobile and now uploaded to windows PC which becomes more effective in every big update of the Windows operating System.
With the help of Cortana, you can perform various tasks through voice commands which include:
- Opening Programs and Apps
- Wed Browsing and Searching
- Recognizing Music
- Emails, Calculation etc
With Creative updates, there are many additional features are added to Cortana like PC locking and Volume regulation. It is possible to Turn off PC, Restart PC and Turn PC into sleep mode with the help of a digital assistant, but it is not currently functional in windows PC. It may possible after advance updates in future.
At present, if you give a voice command for Shut down the PC then Cortana will show you the steps to manually shut down the PC.
In the Anniversary update, there is a new feature of lock screen on the full-screen which will ask you before unlocking the device first or ask you to set a New Reminder. Creator update spread it on the desktop.
If your PC is unlocked and remain as it is for some time then you can put command by saying Hey Cortana! and this will open in full screen and you can operate it by giving instructions like these from anywhere sitting in the same room.
To Know Cortana is properly enabled in your PC:-
Open settings and tick the option “Respond when anyone says “Hey Cortana”. If you keep this option untick then the Cortana will try to recognize your voice before responding to you and it will not function when you sit away from the PC.
If you don’t have Creator update installed in your PC then it may take some time to get compatible with the PC and if you instruct Cortana to increase or decrease Volume then it will show a message “Sorry, I can’t do this for you right now, check back again for future updates”.
Now let’s discuss 3 steps to control Windows 10 PC with Cortana.
- First of all, make sure that your microphone is connected or enabled then click on Cortana in the search bar>Click Settings> Turn on ‘Hey Cortana’>Click on ‘Get Started’ to configure microphone settings and enable Cortana functionality.
a) Image Source
- Wait till ‘set up your microphone app’ is loaded> Click on set up MIC to open new windows> Click Next> Read the statement in the screen> If everything is going right then you are all set to control your windows 10 PC with Cortana.
- To use voice control say ‘Hey Cortana’ then it will show the response message and ask you to send an email to use this feature. You can try this.
Now let us understand how to set up windows 10 with Cortana
The creator update has a new feature which allows Cortana to set up in the operating system as per your wish to have it or reinstall on your new device. If you agree with this during set-up then Cortana will ask you few questions with Yes/No options.
It will enable your voice commands over the microphone and if you came across any issue then don’t hesitate to refer Cortana Help.
2) Try Agnitio for more speech to text experience
With Cortana, you can experience a good voice command operation in your windows 10 PC. But you also need some more tools to get complete control over voice command features.
Main features of Agnito 426
Agnitio 426 KB is a small but a powerful speech to text and voice recognition software. This will shut down, Restart and Log off the PC and can run some important system tools like Programs and Notepad, Command Prompt, Disk Cleanup and event organization.
The Agnito voice recognition software will launch some popular browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer and you can also use it to see voice-based web search email and launch video website.
Limitations of Agnito 426
This voice assistant software is under observation and thus contains some limitations. In this software, you cannot add any custom command.This can open programs but cannot close this opening.
Properties of Agnito 426
This will not slow down your PC being a light weighted software. This is a bit sensitive and that’s why it opens the browser tabs with slow command and tries to shut down the PC completely. You can overcome these issues by adjusting microphone settings.
Let us now discuss 3 steps to control your windows 10 PC with Agnitio
- Install Agnitio and run then it will open above Notification Area and you will see categories of the browser, system, website, search engine, extra. If you click on + sign in these categories then it will work according to your voice instructions.
- Click settings tab above the program window and configure software> click on ‘run at window startup option to always use Agnitio. It will run in Training mode. It means it will learn and improve slowly.
- You can see for program updates and can switch between dark and light theme for which restart is required. Agnitio will ask you for certain tasks like Log off and you can work on female and male voice. You also have to restart it for any improvements.
3) GAVPI voice command software
You can also try open source GAVPI which uses a macro software. You can set voice commands for the KEY process, MOUSE click etc and can set different profiles for different Games and Application.
You do not need to install program only run the download> then create an action sequence of the mouse, keyboard action collection along with phase trigger which launches it and you can save profile through it edit it with any text editor and load the profiles created by other users.
These are all about How to Control Windows 10 Programs with Speech to Text Software. You can take advantage with the above-mentioned speech to text software and voice recognition methods to give voice commands or instructions to your PC and experience the speechless browsing.
Don’t forget to share your views on the comment box below and Follow me on Pinterest by just click on the Pinterest widget appears in the right sidebar of the article.